- Partner of Triana, Uribe & Michelsen (1995 – current);
- President of the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI) (2009-2012);
- Cavelier Abogados, Associate (1989-1990), Partner and Director – Litigation Department (1990 – 1992);
- Brigard & Castro, Associate (1985 – 1989).
Registered Arbitrator before WIPO, NAF, ASIPI, INTA and the Chamber of Commerce of Bogotá, Barrancabermeja, Manizales, Cartagena, Ibagué and Cúcuta
- Specialization in Procedural Law, Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario (1991);
- Master in Comparative Law, Indiana University (United States of America) (1988);
- Postgraduate studies on the American Legal System, Georgetown University (United States of America) (1987);
- J.D., Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Señora del Rosario, (1981-1985).