A new product or proceeding in any field of technology that provides a new way to do something or a new technical solution to a problem, i.e. Vaccines; genetically modified organisms; a recombinant gen; monoclonal antibodies, etc.
Nevertheless, all the possible products or proceedings are not patentable, in accordance with the exclusions provided by law, such as:
- Discoveries, scientific theories and mathematical methods
- Living beings or parts thereof found in nature
- Biological material existing in nature or which may be isolated, including the genome or germ plasm of any natural living being
- Literary and artistic works • Schemes, rules and methods for performing mental acts, playing games or doing business
- Computer programs or software • Presentations of information
- Inventions which exploitation would be contrary to the public order, morality, human and animal health and preserve, vegetable preserve, or environmental preserve.
- Diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical methods for the treatment of humans and animals.
- Plant and animal varieties, essentially biological processes to produce plants or animals.
- Uses or second uses for products or procedures