A lawsuit is an action brought before a court of law or an arbitration court, in which a plaintiff seeks a legal or equitable remedy. Before filing a lawsuit and seeking professional legal advice, explore these considerations:
– Do you have a good cause of action?
– Do you have material evidence to support your claims?
– Are you willing to assume the costs related to a lawsuit, such as, attorney’s fees, bonds, experts’ fees, among others?
– Is your goal to collect any compensation for damages? Or, does your interest rely upon the mere protection of your right?
– Would your claim be timely filed or not?