The minimum documents and information in Colombia are the following:
– Applicant’s name and domicile
– Breeder’s name and domicile
– A document by which the breeder assigns the right over the plant variety to the applicant, in case that the applicant is different to the breeder.
– Filing number and filing date of the earlier application which priority is claimed.
– The technical questionnaires required by the National Authority that follow the UPOV parameters.
– An affidavit signed by the breeder(s), by which, they ensure that the plant variety which protection is applied for, comply with the requirements of Novelty, Distinctness, Uniformity and Stability.
– A Power of Attorney, as well as copy of the bylaws of the applicant or breeder if applicable.
– A document by which the breeder assigns the right over the plant variety to the applicant, in case that the breeder is different to the applicant.
– Payment of the official fees
– The priority document if the priority had been claimed, which must be submitted within the 3 months of the date of the application.
All the documents should be legalized by the Apostille and translated into the Spanish Language by a translator officially recognized by the Colombian Authorities.